The Building Permits and Inspections Department will strive to assist you with your construction project in an efficient and accountable manner. They are responsible for permitting all construction and conducting inspections of all construction-related permits as well as issuance of Certificates of Occupancy and Special Events.
The Building Permits and Inspections Department is responsible for:
- Conducting building construction inspections
- Issuing building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical (HVAC), demolition, pool, solar, etc. permits
- Issuing certificate of occupancy prior to occupancy to structure.
- Reviewing plans.
- Not everything is listed. Contact office for questions and plans submittals requirements.
- Current applicable codes are as follows:
- Arkansas Fire Code 2021 VI, VII, VIII (FIRE, BUILDING, RESIDENTIAL), based on International Codes with Arkansas amendments. APPENDIX B, C, D, E, F, and G or most current edition
- Arkansas Plumbing Code 2018, based on International Plumbing Code.
- Arkansas Fuel Gas Code 2018, based on International Fuel Gas Code.
- International Mechanical Code 2021.
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code 2020.
- Title 11 City Ordinance Building.
- Applicable City Codes.
- Life Safety Codes 101 most current edition.
- The American National Standards - Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities.
- Arkansas Energy Code 2014 Supplement to 2009 Internatioal Energy Conservation Code, or most current edition. Require it COMCHECK.
- NFPA, Life Safety, and associated codes enforced by Fire Dept.
- Fire Marshall/Fire Chief or designee perform Fire Inspections separate from Building Safety. Contact Fire Dept for information.
To obtain a permit for both residential and commercial uses, simply download the forms below or give us a call and we will be happy to provide you with the necessary forms.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
To Schedule Inspections, please refer to web portal address documentation provided by the Department of Building Safety. If you have lost or forgotten the information, please contact Cherie Matherly. email@example.com
For Online Inspection Scheduling use link www.bsaonline.com
- Building Safety - Building Permits
- Commercial Documents
- Residential Documents
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process for getting a building permit?
Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to the building department at city hall. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We will be happy to help you.